Together with Renmin University of China, NASPAA is pleased to host a Conference on Global Quality and Innovative Pedagogy to take place on April 6-7, 2018 in Beijing, China.
To register, click here!
This two-day global event aims to support the accreditation planning, strategic management, and innovative pedagogical strategies of public administration programs in and around China. The conference will be held in English.
The Conference includes the first-day Accreditation and Strategic Planning Workshop and the second-day. Both days are designed for public administration programs seeking accreditation or general programmatic improvement. This conference will provide you with both knowledge about the accreditation process, as well as the opportunity to discuss research and best practice in pedagogy. Participants will leave with practical ideas to implement at their home institutions.
April 6: Accreditation and Strategic Planning Workshop
This workshop will focus predominantly on public service values, program mission, diversity and inclusion, program evaluation and student learning assessment, and program governance. The overarching goals of the workshop are to:
- Provide participants with an understanding of NASPAA Accreditation;
- Increase participants’ knowledge of public service values and strategic program management so that they have the foundation of knowledge required to undertake the accreditation process;
- Provide hands-on experience, through individual and group activities.
For the full workshop schedule, please click here.
April 7: Innovative Pedagogy Conference
This one-day conference will focus on sharing best practices for, and insight into, topics critical to public affairs education. Participants will hear a variety of perspectives and practices from experts on curriculum design and assessment, skill development and employer engagement, simulations and case studies, and diversity and inclusion.
Concurrently on April 7, we are also pleased to offer two additional sessions:
- Site Visitor Training: For academics and practitioners in the public service field who are interested in volunteering as site visitors for public administration programs seeking accreditation.
- One-on-one Consulting: A one-hour face-to-face meeting with an accreditation expert. The consulting session will give your program the chance to build on the first-day workshop and discuss specifics about your program and the accreditation process: from writing Self-Study Reports and drafting assessment plans to preparing for the Site Visit.
We warmly welcome you and your colleagues to join us in Beijing! If you are interested in this event, please complete your registration (no fees) through this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NYKXD7R. You are welcome to participate in one or all of the events!
Yifu Conference Center
No.59, Zhongguancun Street,
Haidian District, Beijing, 100872
Beijing Friendship Hotel
No. 1 South Street (Southwest Corner of The Four Bridge),
Haidian District, Beijing, 100086
Tel: +86 010-68498888
Questions? Contact email@example.com.