Looking to expand your knowledge related to accreditation, higher education, program management, or performance management? Every month, we share a short list of articles or resources from around the web that may be interesting and valuable to NASPAA-accredited programs.
- “3 Key Takeaways From the Supreme Court’s Decision on Race-Conscious Admissions”, Andy Thomason, The Chronicle of Higher Education – After 8 years, the US Supreme Court has acted on Fisher. What does that mean for US universities using race-conscious admissions policies?
- National Postsecondary Data Infrastructure, Institute for Higher Education Policy – A series of papers aimed at lifting the policy conversations surrounding postsecondary data.
- “An Unlikely Campaign to Move Beyond GRE Scores”, Scott Jaschik, Inside Higher Ed – ETS believes the GRE is being misused in graduate school admissions, and changing the role of GRE scores as a measure in admissions could expand access to minority and female applicants.
- State Snapshots: Select Data on Graduate Education, Council of Graduate Schools – Interactive tool to explore state-by-state information on graduate enrollment and other data.
- “Measuring Inclusivity”, Ellen Wexler, Inside Higher Ed – How does your program think about its climate of inclusiveness and what that should look like?
- “Brexit vote brings uncertainty for British universities”, Yojana Sharma, University World News – The June ‘Brexit’ vote will likely impact higher education – faculty and students – in many ways, including diversity, funding, recruitment, and collaboration.