NASPAA is seeking a master’s student in fields such as public policy, public administration, education, or similar for an Internship for approximately 12 weeks during Summer 2016.
Primary responsibilities are expected to include of the following:
• Creating a dashboard report of performance indicators from NASPAA’s accreditation process.
• Working on the annual accreditation data report, NASPAA’s public resource on school data and trends. Candidate will be expected to assist with cleaning, analyzing, and presenting data effectively, resulting in the final report. Last year’s report can be viewed here.
• Tracking MPA program success regarding public information requirements on their websites and building simple guidance tools to help programs to better display their information.
Applicants should have:
• Completed the equivalent of at least one semester of a master’s or doctoral program in public policy, public administration, statistics, or a related field.
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, including cleaning data, drawing appropriate conclusions, and communicating data in a compelling manner.
• Strong writing skills, especially in presenting analysis and messages for public consumption.
• Strong facility with Microsoft Excel.
• An interest in public service education, higher education, and/or program evaluation.
• An understanding of the subject matter and values orientation of public affairs education and practice.
• A desire to work in a non-profit and academic-oriented setting and confidence in dealing with academics and government professionals.
• Academic coursework in program evaluation is a plus.
For the full announcement, click here.