Looking to expand your knowledge related to accreditation, higher education, program management, or performance management? Every month, we share a short list of articles or resources from around the web that may be interesting and valuable to NASPAA-accredited programs.
- Graduate Enrollment and Degrees: 2004 to 2014, Jeff Allum and Hironao Okahana, Council on Graduate Schools – “The Council of Graduate Schools (CGS)…reported a 3.5% one-year increase in first-time graduate enrollment between Fall 2013 and Fall 2014—the largest since 2009…The contributions of international graduate students are becoming increasingly important to the U.S. graduate education enterprise. From 2004 to 2014, international students accounted for over two-thirds of the growth in first-time enrollment headcounts at U.S. graduate institutions.”
- “Are we obsessed with university rankings?”, Francisco Marmolejo, The World Bank – University rankings are impacting the educational landscape, for better or for worse.
- “2015 Higher Education Landscape Review”, Dustin Weeden, National Conference of State Legislatures – A brief overview of higher ed priorities in 2015.
- “5 Ways International Students View Your Website Differently”, Megan Brenn-White, Inside Higher Ed – Interesting tips for programs with recruitment strategies aimed at students based outside of the US.
- “What Should Graduates Know?”, Nicholas Lemann, The Chronicle of Higher Education – How can professional schools and degrees influence undergraduate education?