This is an exciting internship opportunity, ideal for a graduate student interested in higher education, program assessment, and policy analysis.
NASPAA is seeking a master’s student in fields such as public policy, public administration, education, or similar for an internship position for approximately 15-19 weeks during Spring 2016, starting as soon as possible. Students in master’s or doctoral programs in related fields are also encouraged to apply.
Primary responsibilities are expected to include:
- Creating the annual accreditation data report, NASPAA’s public resource on school data and trends. Candidate will be expected to clean, analyze, and present data effectively, resulting in the final report. Last year’s report can be viewed here.
- Tracking MPA program success regarding public information requirements on their websites and building simple guidance tools to help programs to better display their information.
Applicants should have:
- Completed the equivalent of at least one semester of a master’s or doctoral program in public policy, public administration, education, or a related field.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, including cleaning data, drawing appropriate conclusions, and communicating data in a compelling manner.
- Strong writing skills, especially in presenting analysis and messages for public consumption.
- Strong facility with Microsoft Excel.
- An interest in public service education, higher education, and/or program evaluation.
- An understanding of the subject matter and values orientation of public affairs education and practice.
- A desire to work in a non-profit and academic-oriented setting and confidence in dealing with academics and government professionals.
- Academic coursework in program evaluation is a plus.
While the deadline is rolling, apply as soon as possible! Position open until filled. Full announcement with application directions available here.