Looking to expand your knowledge related to accreditation, higher education, program management, or performance management? Every month, we share a short list of articles or resources from around the web that may be interesting and valuable to NASPAA-accredited programs.
- “MIT’s New Model”, Carl Straumsheim, Inside Higher Ed – what’s next in graduate education?
- “What Are Essential Competencies on the Job?”, Committee for Economic Development – Top competencies for employers include problem solving, ability to work with a diverse group of people, critical thinking, and communication.
- “Now Yale Faces the Hard Part: Turning $50 Million Into Faculty Diversity”, Sarah Brown, The Chronicle of Higher Education – On the heels of a major financial investment, the strategies to promote diversity must look past hiring, and focus on retention.
- “Obama administration cracks down on college accreditors”, Danielle Douglas-Gabriel, Washington Post – Increased attention on the standards of achievement, especially as tied to institutional performance indicators and financial aid.
- “Challenges of an Accreditor Crackdown”, Michael Stratford, Inside Higher Ed – “…will the department itself have more bark than bite as it attempts to crack down on those accreditors?”