Looking to expand your knowledge related to accreditation, higher education, program management, or performance management? Every month, we share a short list of articles or resources from around the web that may be interesting and valuable to NASPAA-accredited programs.
- “Accreditations & Rankings: What Prospective Students Need to Know”, Debra J. Ringold, LinkedIn – An easy overview of the importance of accreditation and rankings for students weighing the choices of graduate school programs.
- No Love, but no Alternative”, Doug Lederman, Inside Higher Ed – An overview of the accreditation landscape — what’s next?
- The Internationalization of Chinese Higher Education”, Deane Neubauer and Jianxin Zhang, CHEA – A brief look at the rapid development of higher education in China and the importance of quality assurance in such a context.
- “How a Top Business School Added More Women to its Faculty”, Audrey Williams June, The Chronicle of Higher Education – how two small tweaks to the recruiting and hiring process paid off.
- “Multi-State Collaboration Produces Valuable New Evidence About Writing, Critical Thinking, and Quantitative Literacy Skills of Undergraduate Students Using Rubric-Based Assessment of Students’ Authentic Work”, AACU and SHEEO – a pilot program including 59 institutions “demonstrated that rubric-based assessment can be taken to scale and can produce valid findings with credible and actionable information about student learning that can be used to improve curricular and assignment designs and to increase effectiveness of programs and classes in advancing the most important learning outcomes of college.”