NASPAA is seeking a master’s student in fields such as public policy, public administration, education, or similar for an internship position for approximately 10-12 weeks during Summer 2015.
Primary responsibilities are expected to include, depending on qualifications and interest:
• Researching and writing a report on the effectiveness of NASPAA’s accreditation process, as evidenced by the data presented from accredited programs.
• Supporting NASPAA’s efforts to assess quality outside of the United States, including researching quality assurance in different regions and helping to support peer review visits globally.
• Applicants should have completed at least one semester of a master’s program in public policy, public administration, education, or a related field. We will consider applications from individuals seeking graduate or doctoral degrees in related fields appropriate for this position. International students may apply if they possess a visa that permits them to work in the US.
• Strong written skills, especially skill in presenting analysis and messages for public consumption.
• Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to both lead and take direction from nonprofit committees, and the ability to communicate positively and empathetically with NASPAA member programs.
• Well-organized, a self-starter, and confident in dealing with academics and government professionals.
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
• An understanding of the subject matter and values orientation of public affairs education and practice.
• A strong interest in public service and public service education, and/or an interest in higher education or program evaluation.
• A desire to work in a non-profit and academic-oriented setting.
• Academic coursework in program evaluation a plus.
• Understanding of education systems in China, Latin America, or Canada a plus.
• Proficiency in English required; Proficiency in Spanish or Mandarin desired.
For the full announcement, click here.